8 August 2017 @ the University of Wollongong, Australia
9.30 am Mr Paul Cunningham, CEO at IIMC, Dublin, Ireland
- "What is IEEE's Society on the Social Implications of Technology (SSIT)?"
10.30 am Ms Anni Rowland-Campbell, Intersticia
- "Having a Brave Conversation: Comparing the Australian and UK Experience"
11.30 am Associate Professor Dr Win Khin, Centre Director
- "The Vision for the Centre for Persuasive Technology and Society"
- How we can work with IEEE SSIT
- How we can be an integral part of Brave Conversations
12.30 pm Lunch
- TBA. A location on campus.
1.30 pm Hot Topics - 10 min presentations from researcher's in the Centre
- Dr Roba Abbas: A socio-technical framework for studying persuasive technologies
- Dr Mark Freeman: Improving Participation: Volunteering in our technology enabled society
- Dr Holly Tootell: Perspectives on IT in early childhood education
- Dr Will Tibben: Persuasive technologies for minority groups
- Dr Elena Vlahu-Gjorgievska: Persuasive technologies for health initiatives
2.30 pm Panel of Provocation
- Facilitated by Prof Katina Michael
- Key Interdisciplinary UOW Linkages - Facing Global Challenges (to be invited): Christopher Moore, George Mikhail, Ted Mitew, Mark McLelland, Gursel Alici
3.30 pm Wrap Up