Instructor, Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences, University of Wollongong Dubai
- Community Informatics
- Ethics in IT
- Teaching and Learning Sectors
+971 4 2781935
Dr Khan is an instructor in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences at UOWD. Dr Khan has been teaching at UOWD since 2001. Prior to this, she worked with Gulf News, Khaleej Times, Young Times, Book Corner and The Central School. Dr Khan completed her Bachelors and Masters from University of Wollongong in Dubai. She recently completed her PhD under full fee scholarship from UOW in Ethics and E-cheating among Students under A/P Peter Hyland and Dr. Mark Freeman, UOW.
Dr Khan is the winner of the UOWD Teaching Excellence Award 2014-2015 and Turnitin Global Innovations Award – Middle East and Africa region 2015. She is the leading researcher and scholar in the area of Academic Integrity in the nation. Dr Khan’s research interests are in community informatics, ethics in IT, and teaching and learning sectors. She has presented over 19 papers to international conferences, including Harvard University (USA) and Cambridge University (UK). She has four book chapters and six journal articles to her name and has been nominated twice for the Research Excellence Award by UOWD’ s Research Committee.
Dr Khan is also the founding chairperson of the following events and associations:
- WELS Women in Educational Leadership Summit
- International Conference on Academic Integrity – Middle East Chapter
- Mathalon Inter-school Competition
- Teachers’ Forum – Math Bloc
- Art in Culture – Islamic Art Exhibition and Competition
- Envirotalk Panel Discussions
- Envirotalk Youth Earth Summit
- Amra Notun Bangladesh Expat Student Association
- Amra Shikhakh Bangladesh Expat Teachers’ Association
Dr Khan is a member of the Centre for Academic Integrity, Emirates Environment Group in Dubai and the Natural History Group. She is on the Editorial Board of International Journal of Managing Information Technology, has reviewed many conference and journal papers, and chaired several conference sessions.