Instructor, Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences, University of Wollongong Dubai
+971 4 278 1978
Sonia Hajri is one of UOWD’s Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences Instructors.
Before she joined UOWD, Sonia spent more than 8 years in the field of software development. Prior to this, she worked for BNP ParisBas Bank and the Ministry of Finance, Tunisia.
As a Software Development Engineer, Sonia was responsible for leading teams across different countries developing application solutions for French multinational company Thales Group’s international offices in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
In addition to this, she also provided training sessions for professionals at Thales’ offices in Singapore, Dubai, Mauritius, Beirut and the Netherlands.
Some of her previous professional achievements are:
- The design and build of an application to manage Thales International’s Legal and Financial transactions
- The design and build of an application to manage a bank’s customers’ calls
- The design and build of a bank’s electronic purse application
- The design and build of an application to manage the Central Bank of Tunisia’s check book
- The design and development of an application to better manage customers’ tax declarations.
- The design and development of a tele-compensation project for the Union Bank/BNP