Professor, School of Mechanical, Electronic and Control Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University
- Ceramics and composite materials
- Functionally gradient materials
- Ceramic matrix composites for high temperature applications
- Highlight work:
- Synthesis and characterization of MAX materials (Ti3SiC2, Ti3AlC2, Ti2SnC, Cr2AlC)
- Crack healing behavior of MAX materials
- Fabrication of superfine powders by using mechanical alloying
- Design and development of functionally gradient materials
Mechanical Engineering Building
School of Mechanical, Electronic and Control Engineering
Beijing Jiaotong University
3 Shangyuancun, Xizhimenwai
Beijing,100044, P. R. China
- Shi-Bo Li*, Haolin Li, Yang Zhou, Hongxiang Zhai. Mechanism for abnormal thermal shock behaviour of Cr2AlC. J Eur Ceram Soc, 2014 May, 34(5): 1083-1088.
- Haolin Li, Shi-Bo Li*, Xiaodong Chen, Yang Zhou. Spontaneous pulverization of Al4C3 containing MAX bulk materials at room temperature. Advances in Applied Ceramics: Structural, Functional and Bioceramics. 2014, 113(3): 184-188.
- Haolin Li, Shi-Bo Li*, Yang Zhou. Cyclic thermal shock and crack healing behavior of a Cr2AlC ceramic. Mater Sci Eng A, 2014, 607: 525-529. (Volume 607, 23 June 2014, Pages 525-529)
- Shi-Bo Li*, Xiaodong Chen, Yang Zhou, Guiming Song. Influence of grain size on high temperature oxidation behaviour of Cr2AlC ceramics. Ceramics International, 2013, 39(3): 2715-2721.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Li-Ou. Xiao, Guiming Song, Willem G. Sloof, Sybrand. van der Zwaag. Oxidation and self-healing behavior of a fine-grained Cr2AlC ceramic. J Am Ceram Soc, 2013, 96(3):892-899.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Gui-Ming Song and Yang Zhou. A dense and fine-grained SiC/Ti3Si(Al)C2 composite and its high-temperature oxidation behavior. J Euro Ceram Soc, 2012, 32(12): 3435-3444.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Guiming Song, Cees Kwakernaak, Sybrand van der Zwaag, Willem G. Sloof. Multiple crack healing of a Ti2AlC ceramic. J Eur Ceram Soc, 2012, 32(8): 1813-1820.
- Shi-Bo Li*, W.B. Yu, H.X. Zhai, G.M. Song, W.G. Sloof and S. van der Zwaag. Mechanical properties of low temperature synthesized dense and fine grained Cr2AlC ceramics. J Eur Ceram Soc 2011, 31: 217-24.
- W.B. Yu, Shi-Bo Li*, W.G. Sloof. Microstructure and mechanical properties of a Cr2Al(Si)C solid solution. Mater. Sci Eng. A, 527 (2010): 5997-6001.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Guo-Ping Bei and et al. Controlling the Oriented Growth of Ti2SnC grains Using Carbon Fiber as a Reactive Template in the Ti-Sn-C Reaction System. Mater Res Bull. 2009, 44: 966–969.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Wei-Hua Xiang, and et al. Formation of TiC hexagonal platelets and their growth mechanism. Powder Tech, 2008, 185(1): 49-53.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Wei-Hua Xiang and et al. Formation of a single-phase Ti3AlC2 from a mixture of Ti/Al/TiC powders with Sn as an additive. Mater Res Bull 2008, 43:2092-2099.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Guo-Ping Bei and et al. Synthesis of Ti2SnC at Low-temperature using Mechanically Activated Sintering process. Mater Sci Eng A, 2007, 457: 282-286.
- Guo-Ping Bei, Shi-Bo Li*, Hong-Xiang Zhai and et al. Reaction mechanism for synthesis of Ti2SnC. Mater Res Bull, 2007, 42(12):1995-1998.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Guo-Ping Bei and et al. The Origin of driving force for spontaneous growth of Sn whiskers. J Mater Res, 2007, 22 (11), 3226-3232.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Hong-Xiang Zhai, Guo-Ping Bei and Yang Zhou. Mechanically Activated low-temperature synthesis of Ti2SnC. Key Eng Mater, 2007, 326-328:955-957.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Hong-Xiang Zhai, and et al. Synthesis of Ti3AlC2 by Mechanically Activated Sintering of Elemental Powders of Ti, Al and C. Ceram Int, 2007,33:169-173.
- Shi-Bo Li* and Jian-Xin Xie. Fabrication of thin-walled 316L stainless steel seamless pipes by extrusion technology. J Mater Proc Tech, 2007, 183(1): 57-61.
- 19. Shi-Bo Li*, Guo-Ping Bei, and et al. Synthesis and deformation microstructure of solid solution Ti3SiAl0.2C1.8. Mater Sci Eng A, 2006, 441(1-2): 202-205.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Guo-Ping Bei, and et al. Bimodal Microstructure and Reaction Mechanism of Ti2SnC Synthesized by High Temperature Reaction Using Ti/Sn/C and Ti/Sn/TiC Powder Compacts. J Am Ceram Soc, 2006, 89:3617-3623.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Guo-Ping Bei, Hong-Xiang Zhai, Yang Zhou. Synthesis of Ti2SnC from Ti/Sn/TiC powder mixtures by pressureless sintering technique. Mater Lett, 2006, 60:3530-3532.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Jian-Xin Xie. Processing and sintering of W/Cu Graded Material fabricated by Multi-Billet Extrusion using mechanically alloyed powders. Comp SciTech, 2006, 66(13) : 2329-2336.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Hong-Xiang Zhai, Guo-Ping Bei and et al. Formation of Ti3AlC2 by Mechanically Induced Self-propagating Reaction in Ti-Al-C System at Room Temperature. Mater Sci Tech, 2006, 22(6):667-672.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Hong-Xiang Zhai, and et al.. Synthesis of Ti3SiC2 powder by mechanically activated sintering of elemental powders. Mater Sci Eng A, 2005, 407(1-2): 315-321.
- Shi-Bo Li* and Hong-Xiang Zhai. A Soft Ceramic Ti3SiC2 with Microscale Plasticity at Room Temperature. Key Eng Mater, 2005，280-283: 1343.
- Shi-Bo Li* and Hong-Xiang Zhai. Synthesis and Reaction Mechanism of Ti3SiC2 by Mechanical Alloying of Elemental Ti, Si and C Powders. J Am Ceram Soc, 2005, 88  2092-2098.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Jianxin Xie, Litong Zhang and et al. Synthesis and Some Properties of Ti3SiC2 by Hot Pressing of Ti, Si and C Powders. Part II: Mechanical and other properties of Ti3SiC2. Mater Sci Tech, 2005，21( 9):1054-58.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Jian-Xin Xie and Zhi-Yi Zhao. Fabrication of W-Cu ultrafine powders by mechanical alloying. Mater Sci Tech, 2004, 20 (10): 1345-1350.
- Shi-Bo Li*, Jian-Xin Xie, and et al. In Situ Synthesis of Ti3SiC2/SiC Composite by Displacement Reaction of Si and TiC. Mater Sci Eng A, 2004, 381(1-2): 51-56.