- Optimisation of Query Processing in Centralized and Distributed Database Systems
- Automated Performance Tuning of Database Systems
- Performance Tuning of Object-relational Database Systems and Object-relational Applications
- Design and Implementation of Database Systems with Inconsistent Information, Data Stream Processing
+61 2 4221 4339
Dr Getta’s undergraduate education and subsequent doctorate was earned from the Department of Computer Science, University of Technology, Warsaw.
During his stay with the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Kuwait (1986-1990) Dr Getta taught many of the traditional Computer Science subjects like Database Systems, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Compiler Design, Systems Programming, Introduction to Programming, Software Project, Introduction to Computer Graphics, Artificial Intelligence.
Since joining the University of Wollongong in 1991 as Lecturer, Dr Getta’s teaching has concentrated on database subjects.
- UOW Researcher Profile
- RIS Publications
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography