- PhD, Telecommunications Engineering, Monash University, Australia, 1998.
- BE (HONS1), Electronics Engineering, University of Western Australia, 1989.
- Multimedia Communications
- immersive Multimedia
- Free Viewpoint TV
- Information Theory
- Advanced Communication Technology
- Body Area Networks
- smart garments
+61 2 4221 3403
I graduated from the University of Western Australia with the degree of Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) and obtained my PhD in Telecommunications Engineering from Monash University, Australia. Currently, I am the Professor of Telecommunications Engineering at the University of Wollongong. Before joining the University of Wollongong, I was the Manager of Internetworking Architecture and Services Section in Telstra Research Laboratories.
My achievements with respect to research commercialization include:
- Founder and CEO, iSee Video Collaboration Pty Ltd (iseevc.com) specializing in scalable multiparty video communications.
- Co-founder of Spatial Voice Corp specializing in 3D voice communication technology, acquired by Dolby corporation in 2007.
I have received the following awards:
- Winner of NSW top award in ICT R&D in 2012.
- Winner of Australian National iAwards in R&D category, which is the top award in Australia for ICT innovation 2012.
- Winner of Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA) in ICT R&D amongst 14 participating nations from the Asia Pacific region for development of iSee video collaboration technology.
- Recipient of a Medal of Honour from Telstra for my contribution to the design of Telstra’s Internet infrastructure.