- PhD: Environmental Engineering, University of Tokyo, 2007
- MSc : Environmental Engineering, University of Tokyo, 2004
- B.Sc (1st class Hons): Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 2001
Dr Hai works in three broad areas: Advanced Water and Wastewater Treatment, Environmental Biotechnology and Hazardous Waste Management. Current focus: application of hybrid membrane processes for wastewater treatment and resource recovery.
After receiving his BSc (1st class Honours) in Civil Engineering from BUET, Bangladesh, Dr. Hai completed his Masters and PhD in Environmental Engineering in 2004 and 2007, respectively from the University of Tokyo, Japan. Before joining University of Wollongong (UOW), Australia, he completed a prestigious postdoctoral fellowship from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) at the University of Tokyo. From June 2009 to April 2011, Dr. Hai successfully served as the supervisor of the Environmental Engineering Laboratory and subsequently as a UOW Vice Chancellor’s research fellow at the School of Civil, Mining and Environmental Engineering (CME) at the Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences (EIS). Dr. Hai took up a continuing teaching and research lecturer position at CME from May 2011. Recipient of Japan Society on Water Environment - Outstanding Lecture Award (2010) and UOW Faculty of EIS Outstanding Contribution to Teaching and Learning (OCTAL) award (2015), Dr. Hai currently serves as a Senior Lecturer at CME, EIS.
- UOW Researcher Profile
- Research Papers
- Selected Works
- Google Scholar
- Outstanding Contribution in Teaching and Learning 2015
- Associate Editor Water Science and Technology
- Membrane Biological Reactors edited by Faisal Hai, Kazuo Yamamoto, Chung-Hak Lee
- Outstanding Lecture Award to Environmental Engineering Staff